Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm Back and BETTER THAN EVER!

After a year of training for the Miss California's Outstanding Teen pageant, I can finally relax. It is over. (Insert tear here!)

The pageant experience looks like this:
Friday: Arrive in Fresno
Sat.: Contestant/Parent Meeting, rehearsals, BBQ
Sun.: Interviews, rehearsals
Mon.: Rehearsals
Tues.: FIRST DAY OF PRELIM COMP!
Wed.: SECOND DAY OF PRELIM COMP!
Thur.: THIRD DAY OF PRELIM COMP!
Fri.: TEEN FINALS!
Sat.: Miss Finals

As you can see it is a jammed packed week. Then after that my mom took us on a road-trip!!! I have never been on a road trip this fun....we played Christmas music at one point!!!

Last year at the pageant, I walked away with not a single award. Everyone kept telling me, "You should have been in the top ten." I just kept telling myself, "God has something better in store for me. Believe it."

On Feb. 6th, when I won the Miss Hollywood Pageant, I figured out the better in the situation. God was humbling me for this years adventure. He gave me one of the best committees, a new attitude, and the ability of not being cocky (or desperate).

This year, I walked away winning prelim talent, evening gown, and onstage question. I also placed 3rd runner-up to Miss California's Outstanding Teen 2011!

This was just another time God came thru to prove He is better than all of this.

When I was at the pageant I found my favorite bible verse.
John 20:27
Stop doubting and believe.

I remind myself of that quote every morning, every afternoon, and every evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment