Thursday, June 16, 2011

Off I go!

The Miss America Organization has become a HUGE part of my life. I have been watching the Miss America pageant for the longest time and I went to watch my first local pageant when I was 13. I always knew I wanted to compete but I knew I couldn't until God made it available to me.

My sister is in her second year competing in the MAO. The "Miss" level is ages 17-24. I am in my second year as well, but in the Miss America's Outstanding Teen Organization! The teen program is open to girls ages 13-17.

First you compete at a local community pageant. If you win that, you join all of the other title holders across your state and compete for the state title. The winner of that then goes onto the famous Miss America Pageant! (The same goes for the teen pageant...it is just a separate competition!)

Rachel and I are so blessed to be going to Miss California and Miss California's Outstanding Teen pageant for the second year! WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!! 

The pageant takes place in Fresno, California (middle of CA) for 8 days. 
Below is my schedule for competition....

Sunday night: 8 minute private interview with the judges
Tuesday night: Evening Gown Pre-lim
Wednesday night: Talent Pre-lim
Thursday night: Fitness Pre-lim
Friday night: FINALS FOR TEENS! (The top 10 will be announced and then they re-compete for the title of MCOT!)

I am not nervous going into this year's competition because I know God has already decided how I am going to do. 

However, I continue to ask for your prayers for safe travels, wonderful interview, and to shine God's light on stage. (ALSO PRAY FOR RACHEL!)

This prayer was written by our wonderful Miss America, Teresa Scanlan!
"Dear God, please help me to be a diligent servant not only today but from here on out. Give me the strength and wisdom to accurately handle your word of truth and the diligence and perseverance necessary to be a worker who is not ashamed. I wish to be a shining light for you, a glowing example of who you are, and a grain of salt in a tasteless world. Whether or not this is achieved through a position, crown, title, or job, please place me exactly where you need me to be an effective ambassador for you. I am clay in your hands, your humble servant, willing to do whatever you wish for me in your perfect plan. I love you so much and thank you for blessing me so tremendously and bestowing such outstanding opportunity on me. My greatest wish is to exemplify your love through my words and actions in order to bring others to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment