Friday, June 10, 2011

"NO"

The word "No" has so many different meanings.

I have heard it in many different settings, but I hear it everyday. It may be in a conversation with my mom, sister, or even friends. However, those simple "No's" don't mean that much to me.

Being apart of the entertainment industry, is kind of a depressing situation. They say you hear 9 "No's" before you hear 1 "YES!" That statement is very true.

A lot of times, producers tell you "no" for the silliest things. Here are a few reasons I have heard:

1. Wrong color hair
2. Wrong color eyes
3. Too short
4. Too young (looking)
5. Too big of chest
6. Hair is too short

Those are just a few that I hear all the time.

I have trained myself to brush those things off my shoulder and move on. You know you can't go back and change their mind, so what is the point of being upset about it any more? However, sometimes I get to the point where I simply ask God, when am I going to hear "YES?"

What's wrong with me?
Am I supposed to be acting?
I really needed this job, in order to make my agents happy.
SHOULD I GO HOME?

I used to find myself asking God those questions EVERY SINGLE DAY...
Until I finally heard Him yell at me... "GET SATAN OUT OF YOUR HEAD! WOULD YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD MOVE YOU OUT TO CALIFORNIA, IF THERE WASN'T A PURPOSE FOR YOU TO BE OUT HERE?!"

Matthew 18:20 reads:
"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."

We all have to trust that God has a purpose for every move He makes us take. Even though I keep hearing "No", I know that it is because God didn't want me to have that job. He knows what I love to do and He will put that to good use, because I trust in Him...You should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment