Saturday, July 2, 2011

Friday Night

Friday nights are my favorite. No, I don't spend it out on the town.

Every Friday night is youth group at my church. From 6-8 I am able to spend time in the most peaceful building, praise and worshiping our Creator, and being around my brothers and sisters.

Yesterday our message was on priorities. Our speaker kept reflecting back on "the biggest rock in your life".

What is your biggest rock? What SHOULD consume most of your time? What/who is most important to you?

For me personally, my biggest rock is God.

Then you work down the list of what is next and so on.

We only get 24 hours in a day. The worst part is, we never get those seconds, minutes, or hours back. We need to spend them wisely, with our big rock the center of our days.

What if your mom died driving home from work tomorrow and today she asked you to go to the store with her? You said no because you wanted to video chat with your friend.

In my mind, anyone could die tomorrow. That is reality. Who is more important? A friend you have known for a few years and once you are out of school you most likely won't talk to again? ........OR your mom. Who gave birth to you. Has spent the last 17 (for me) years having you being the focus of her days. The one who after you graduate from high school will still be there.

You need to look back on who/what is most important in your life and treat them/it like it is that important.

Our speaker last night shared this:
"Rocks are like priorities. Only so many rocks can fit in a jar. Only so many activities can fit in a week. The issue isn't prioritizing your schedule, but scheduling your priorities."

Put the big rocks first.

No comments:

Post a Comment