Thursday, June 9, 2011

True Friends

Being a teenager takes life to a whole new level. Wether it be in relationships, schooling, family, or sports...our teenage years are a struggle.

Since I don't go to a normal high-school, I have a hard time finding friends. I attend 4 acting classes a week at the same place. All of us that take the class are like a family. However, we go to class to learn good techniques and become better at our craft. We aren't there to socialize and make friends.

I remember a few times, after class, I would come home and be crying to my mom about how I wasn't included in something. I thought something was wrong with me. Questions started running through my head; Why wasn't I apart of that? Do they not like me, my personality? What can I change about myself to fit in with them?

It was that last question that really hit me. So, I began to change. I thought that I would be happier if I had friends...even if they didn't accept me for who I REALLY was. I started to hide my personality (because I thought it was annoying), I acted more grown up, I even changed my wardrobe a little bit.

These "friends" accepted me and started sharing these stories about parties they went to, sneaking out of their houses, and lying to their parents. When I started hearing these things, those questions started coming back through my head; What is she talking about? Why am I here? WHO HAVE I BECOME?

I once again came home and took my anger out on my mom and sister. I went upstairs and just went to bed, thinking it would all go away.

It didn't go away because of sleep.
It went away because of God.

The next morning I read my bible and the verse that hit home was "1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”


I listened to God's guidance...
I was told to still hang out with these people, as the real me. 
When I hang out with them, don't give into their sin, but turn there sin around into glory. 


I still talk with these people and shine God's light on them. I have seen a change in many of them. However, the best part is that they accept the TRUE me. 


Now that I have let my personality come back out, I have a few best friends....and I know that with them, family, and God... that is all I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment