Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy or Dreadful?

A lot of people say they aren't a "morning person." I understand that no one likes to wake up early...but you should be happy that you wake up.

This week I was honored to visit the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles, as Miss Hollywood's Outstanding Teen. I visited many different wings of the hospital, including the cancer wing.

There was one little boy who looked to be about 4 that was being treated. Then the tour guide showed us his mom who couldn't even sit in the same room as her son because of his illness. He was playing with toys and appeared to be so happy.

Think back to this morning...Were you happy when you woke up? Did you think "PRAISE GOD! I HAVE ANOTHER DAY TO LIVE!"? Or did you say "UGH, IT IS MORNING. ANOTHER DAY TO WORK."?

I bet I know what that little boy in the hospital room thought...
"I am so happy I am alive for one more day."

A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.
-----Proverbs 15:13 (New International Version)



Before you complain about having another busy day, think about that boy in the hospital. Be happy that you have even woken up and are able to do the things God has blessed you with. Don't spit in his face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment