Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Biggest Complaint

I always have a hard time "not complaining" about things. Don't get me wrong, I am a very happy person. It is just the little things that get me a little heated. 

I think the thing I find myself complaining about the most is school. I go to a year round school. Even though it is summer, I am in school. 

This morning I decided to search the top ten biggest things people complain about. School wasn't in the top ten! Of course I found many lists and they were all different...but what I calculated to be the biggest complaint was betrayers. 

Then I got to thinking, when you meet someone you have 7 seconds to make a good impression. IT IS YOUR responsibility to keep up that good impression. 

If you had the mind set that every time you have an encounter with someone, even if you have met them, it should be like a first impression, then we wouldn't have betrayers. 

However, people like to judge. People like to spread rumors. P E O P L E. L I K E. D R A M A. 
Being a teenager, I have been able to realize why people like "drama" so much. 

It is because the attention is on you.

What if everyone had their attention on God? 

You know, gossip is a sin. 
If we all had our attention on God, people couldn't spread rumors or create drama. 

You know, judging is a sin. 
If we all had our attention on God, people couldn't judge one another. 

Don't you think we would all be a lot happier if we lived through God's light? 

Yes, God does put you through hard times. But he promises a light at the end of the tunnel....if you stay faithful to Him. 

My challenge for you this week is to NOT COMPLAIN. Your life will be much happier. Even if you are going through a rough time, God is there to help you. Turn to him for all of your needs. 

My good friend, Lauren North, posted this the other week:
"If you are going through a rough time, remember... YOU ARE GOING THROUGH IT."

Always remember that if you stay strong in HIM, you will see light at the end of the tunnel. Don't gossip or betray someone to get the attention on you. You already have God's attention....that should be enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment