Friday, December 7, 2012

Strive


This morning I received a text message that said,

"When we strive to think like Him, speak like Him, see like Him, and feel like Him, everything else just falls into place." 

We have 24 hours in a day to get our needs done. When we add in our sleep time, we have around 16 hours left in a day. For me, I then add in school and I am down to about 12 hours. After that, I usually either spend time in church, in my career, with family and friends, or working out. Before you have time to stop and think, you are onto the next day. 

Everyday we have the opportunity to be like Him more and more. We are His light here on Earth. At times, we get so caught up in our problems, that we forget about His light. We forget how to speak like Him, see like Him, or to feel and love one another like Him. We aren't here to make our own schedules and live out the life we want for ourselves. We are here to be like Him... live our life like His. 

Alone you can do nothing; With Him... well that is when you can do everything. 

We need to S T R I V E to live like Him. Go out of our way to have a mind like our Father's. 

Philippians 2:1-11 

So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, ...












 We are not our own; so we need to stop acting like it. 













Life here on Earth will be gone before we know it. We need to support one another in the call God has put on their life. We need to strive to treat others the way we wish to be treated. 

















I had a wake-up call on this recently. I love to receive the love from others because I felt a lack of love in certain areas throughout the first 19 years of my life. However, it has come to the point that I won't be able to receive anymore love because I am keeping what I have received inside of me. I need to pour out that love onto others. I need to give back more than what people are giving me. I need to strive to love others before I do my first thing in the morning; before I eat my meals; before I go to school; before my life is over. 














As sad as this sounds, we could be spending our last few minutes here on Earth right now. Are you striving to live like Him? 












We all need those people who will show us that unconditional love time and time again, even when we shouldn't receive it. Thank you to Christian, my family, and my church family for going out of their way to be like Christ. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure exactly how I ended up on your blog this morning--I'm putting the finishing touches on a Relief Society lesson I'm teaching this morning and started clicking away on blogs that I found on Google--But however it happened, I wanted you to know that this post has truly touched my heart and reminded me of the most important things about life that I have allowed to get so covered up and forgotten because of events in my life--From my little corner in northern Virginia, I thank-you for that reminder--I just wanted to let you know.

    ReplyDelete