Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Don't Disqualify Yourself

Have you ever stopped in the pitch dark and complete silence, when you are all alone to listen to God's words? I think that is when you are the most raw. Nothing to distract you. However, life is full of distractions.

All of us have a starting line. It was created before we were born, and we were able to take our first step across it when we were born. Every individuals race is different.

For me, I was in and out of the hospital many times when I was a child. From having a cyst at birth to having a hernia at 3 months.

I immediately started my race with some trials.

As I started to grow and form into a child, my race began to smooth out. I was doing well in school, dance, and even gained a new love of running in 3rd grade.

When middle school began, I had a little bit of a harder time in school because I put my focus more on dance and running. However, I quickly learned that some "things" need to be rearranged in my order of priorities!

High school has been a different experience for me than it is for most teenagers. Going to a charter school, basically teaching myself, has taught me a lot! A whole new level of time management, that is for sure! Of course I am still running and dancing, but I also picked up a new love of acting.

While I was in my high school years, God "blessed" me with a storm. Well, many storms. It began with my back. Having severe scoliosis has changed my life. Having a severe multifactorial disorder that only affects 68,000 people in the United States leaves me speechless. Living within a plastic cast gave me a new appreciation for disabilities. Along with that, I dealt with my aunt dying from breast cancer within 4 weeks of finding out she was diagnosed. On top of that, I am going through all of the teenage problems and family situations.

If you look back at the start of that paragraph, I said that God "blessed" me with a storm. Yes, I consider all of those things to be a blessing.

Romans 8:28 reads:
And we know that God causes all things to work together for the good of those that love God and are called according to His purpose for them.

Matthew 15:28 reads:
Jesus said to her, "Women, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed at that moment.

John 20:27 reads:
Stop doubting and believe.

Matthew 17:7 reads:
..."Get up," he said. "Don't be afraid..."

Matthew 17:20 reads:
"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE."

Those are a few of my favorite bible verses.

Once we step over that starting line, we are putting our trust in the Lord to lead us according to His plan for our life. Are you letting Him?

Even if trials come into your life, you have to remember God put them there for a reason.

You have to learn how to handle the curves, hills, and the occasional punch in the stomach. Sometimes we disqualify ourselves from the race. We don't think we can handle it or we give up. Hey, we can't give up, we have to rise up. When challenge arises, grab that opportunity to turn things around in your life.

God has an assignment for you to live out. Be bold, courageous, obedient, and determined.
Put on the armour of God and prepare for battle. However, you will notice there isn't much armour for your backside. That is because you aren't supposed to run away from battle, you are supposed to run straight into it.

Don't disqualify yourself. Imagine the light you will see after the storm passes. Rise up and reach for that light.

No comments:

Post a Comment