Friday, August 19, 2011

My Weakness

I started singing in 5th grade as a member of my school choir. I was decent then...but not compared to the professional singers in LA!

My managers and agents are always sending me out on auditions for "singers" or "triple threats". I always do my best with my singing, but I never am fully confident with it.

3 weeks ago, I had an audition for Glee. As we all know, Glee is a full on triple threat show. I immediately started freaking out because I knew they would ask me to sing in the audition.

Then I realized freaking out isn't going to make me a better singer.

How often do we get freaked out? Is it really going to better the situation?

The answer is no.

Only God can better a situation.

Once I realized this, I just started to pray coverage over my vocal chords.

I have never felt that confident singing in front of people. It still may not have been the best singing voice at the audition, but I know my confidence sold it.

God clearly took my weakness and used it for my good.

What is your weakness that God can use for good?


2 Corinthians 12:9 ESV / 32 helpful votes

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

1 comment: